Getting Started With Your Broadband
Installing your router
Connect your computer and the router (ports numbered 1-4) via Ethernet cable:
Insert a phone cable into the plug and the other end to the splitter’s LINE port. Insert a phone cable to the splitter’s MODEM port and the other end to the ADSL port on the router. Insert a phone cable into the PHONE port of the splitter and the other end to your telephone
Connect the power cable to router’s “POWER” socket and to the power plug. Then press the ON / OFF button at router’s back side.
To access the router settings, open the browser of your choice (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar to connect to your router management environment. At the start page, type "admin" in the Username and Passwords fields and press Login. For your own convenience press "Quick Start-RUN WIZARD" and follow the instructions (Select country, PPPoE / PPPoA, connection data -in most cases it is enough not to be empty, WiFi setting)
Now you're surfing the Internet!
STILL NEED HELP TO CONNECT?
Call our technical support team at 13700.
Connecting your wireless router
Make sure that your wireless network is active. You can turn it on or off through the "WiFi" button, at your router's backside, keeping it pressed for a few seconds (Check the WiFi indicator light – the 4th from the left)
To connect to the wireless network, through the appropriate computer interface you have to find the available wireless networks, choose the desirable network (SSID) and type the unique 10-digit password key (Wifi key), which can be found on the sticker at the router back side.
In case you are not able to connect, router settings may need changes.
Setting your wireless network
1. Open up the browser of your choice (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and type the address 192.168.1.1 in the address bat to connect to your router management environment.
2. The first time you log in , type "admin" in the Username and Password fields and next press Login.
Once you access the router page, replace the default username and password with those of your choice. Choose successively, Maintenance -> Administration, fill in the New Password, Confirm Password fields and then press “SAVE” to save the change.
3. In the menu appearing at the top of the page, select Interface Setup and then Wireless.
4. The wireless network settings page appears. Complete the fields according to the settings you want and then press "Save".
To activate the wireless network:
- In the Access Point field keep the "Activated" choice. If you want to deactivate your wireless network, choose "Deactivated" or else press the WLAN button located in the router’s back side.
- In the Channel field choose “Auto” to automatically select the wireless transmission channel.
To name the wireless network:
- In the Broadcast SSID field keep the choice “Yes”, so that the wireless network name is visible.
- In the WPS Settings>SSID field type the name of your choice.
To set the security level of the wireless network:
- In the Authentication type field select the safety of the wireless network. For maximum safety, we suggest you choose WPA2-PSK-AES or WPA- / WPA2-PSK.
If you choose "Disabled", your router will be open and everyone could connect to your wireless network without entering a password.
- In the "Pre-Shared Key" field type in Latin characters the password you wish to secure the wireless network. Memorize the password you have typed, because you will be asked for it on each computer you connect.
ΤΗΕ FIRST TIME YOU LOG IN TO THE ROUTER'S PAGE, DON’T FORGET TO REPLACE THE DEFAULT USERNAME AND PASSWORD WITH THOSE OF YOUR CHOICE.
Checking your router synch rate
1. Make sure you have connected to your router, either with a cable or wirelessly.
2. Start any browser and type in 192.168.1.1 in the address field in order to access your router’s graphical user interface.
3. Type your Username and Password.
4. Click on the ‘Status’ tab. The following menu appears:
5. The synchronization (synch) rate in kbps appears in the ‘Data rate’ field. The download speed appears first, followed by the upload rate.
Your router basic features
- ADSL 2/2+ Modem, Wireless N Access Point and 4-Port Router
- Wireless/n up to 150 Mbps
- ΝΑΤ/Bridge mode
- VPN Pass-through (IPSec/PPTP/L2TP), DDNS, Virtual Server, UPnP
- 3 years warranty