Getting Started With Your Broadband
Installing your router
Connect the first point of a phone cable (grey color) to a free phone plug and the other cable point to the splitter at the "LINE" socket .
Connect your phone device to splitter’s “PHONE” using the device phone cable.
Connect the first point of the second phone cable (grey color) to router’s "DSL" port and the other end to the splitter at the “MODEM” socket.
If you connect only wirelessly via tablet, smartphone etc. proceed to Step 5. Otherwise, connect the first point of the Ethernet’s cable (yellow color) to the corresponding Ethernet port at your computer’s back side and the other cable point to any of the 4 router’s Ethernet ports (yellow color).
Connect the power cable to router’s “POWER” socket and to the power plug. For safe operation, never use another power supply than the one contained in the package. The connection is shown below:
Press the On/off button at router’s back side to open the router.
Έλεγξε τις φωτεινές ενδείξεις του router μετά από μερικά δευτερόλεπτα.
- a) Indication (power source) must be green and stable
- b) Indication (VDSL connection) must be green and stable
- c) Indication (Internet access) must be green
- d) Indication (active wireless network) must be green
- e) One of the “LAN” indications (PC-router connection) must be green
Now you’re surfing the Internet!
DownloadsDevice manual Firmware update (.zip)
STILL NEED HELP TO CONNECT?
Call our technical support team at 13700.
Connecting your wireless router
Your wireless network is active by default.
You can open/close it by pressing the “WLAN” at router’s back side and keeping it pressed for about 4 seconds (check the “WLAN” light indication).
To connect to the wireless network, through the appropriate computer interface you have to find the available wireless networks, choose the desirable network (SSID) and type the unique 10-digit password key (Wifi key), which can be found on the sticker at the router back side.
If you wish to configure your Router (eg change SSID WiFi key or add the username / password of the connection):
- In a browser of your choice (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) type the address 192.168.1.254 in the address bar
- At the start page, type “admin” in the Username and Passwords fields and press Login
Place the router into room as open-wide as possible, that can be ventilated without any other devices or metallic objects nearby.
The router must be connected to the central phone plug.
setting your wireless network
1. Open up the browser of your choice (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and type the address 192.168.1.254 in the address bar to connect to your router management environment.
2. The first time you log in , type "admin" in the Username and Password fields and next press Login.
Once you access the router page, replace the default username and password with those of your choice. Choose successively, Maintenance -> User Account -> Edit, fill in the Old Password, New Password, Verify New Password fields and then press "Apply" to save the change.
3. Navigate the Network Setting menu in the bottom menu of the page.
4. In the pop-up menu choose Wireless.
5. In the top menu, choose the General tab, where you can change the wireless network name (SSID) in Wireless Network Name (SSID) field and disable the wireless network in Wireless field.
6. Removing the default choice Generate password automatically, in the Password field you can enter the password of your choice and check him if you choose password unmask. In the Security Mode field select either WPA-PSK or WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK for wireless security.
If you choose "No Security", your router will be open and everyone could connect to your wireless network without entering a password.
7. Once you have completed all the settings, press Apply at the bottom right section of the page. Now your changes have been saved.
ΤΗΕ FIRST TIME YOU LOG IN TO THE ROUTER'S PAGE, DON’T FORGET TO REPLACE THE DEFAULT USERNAME AND PASSWORD WITH THOSE OF YOUR CHOICE.
checking your router synch rate
1. Make sure you have connected to your router, either with a cable or wirelessly.
2. Start any browser and type in 192.168.1.254 in the address field in order to access your router’s graphical user interface.
3. Type your Username and Password.
4. Click on the ‘status’ button on the right hand side. The following menu appears:
5. The synchronization (synch) rate in kbps appears under the "Rate (Up/Down) " column in the "Interface status" table. The download rate appears first, followed by the upload speed.
Your router basic features
- VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem/router for speeds of up to 50Mbps
- 4 Ethernet 10/100 LAN ports
- Wireless: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2X2) up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN on/off button & WPS configuration
- WPA/WPA-PSK, WPA2/WPA2-PSK
- USB 2.0 host
- 3G Backup
- Dynamic DNS
- Firewall & Parental Control
- QoS classification & static/policy routing
- Web GUI & Command Line Interpreter through SSH or TELNET
- 2 years warranty