A fresh wind for Mobile Internet!
WIND evolves, developing its 4G network and offering you download speeds up to 150 Mbps and upload speeds up to 75 Mbps!
With WIND's 4G network, you are able to:
- Download music and movies faster than ever before.
- Browse the web 6-8 times faster.
- Watch High Definition ΥouΤube videos with no pauses or stuttering.
- Send and receive large files through e-mail.
- Make video calls using Skype with no pauses or stuttering.
- Upload and view photos in Facebook faster than ever before.
- Enjoy better multimedia applications such as video calls and Video Conference
WIND's new 4G network:
- Covers Attica, Thessaloniki, the Ionian islands, The peloponnese, and areas of the Cyclades, Chalkidiki, Crete, Patra, Larisa, Volos, the Dodekanisa islands, Hpeiros ( Hgoumenitsa, Arta, Preveza ), Kastoria, Samos, Ikaria, Chios, Lesvos, Mesologi, Nafpaktos and will continue its countrywide expansion.
- Until the end of 2015, will cover over 60% of Greece's population.
- Over 3.2 million Athenians will enjoy 4G coverage.
- After the introduction of Carrier Aggregation (CA or 4G+) technology, download speeds will reach 300 Mbps.
What do I need to access WIND's 4G network?
- 4G Smartphone or Tablet
4G usage is ONLY possible through a 4G Smartphone/Tablet.
- WIND offers a wide variety of 4G devices.
- Over 50% of the smartphones offered by WIND are 4G ready.
- 4G SIM card
Prepaid / Mobile Broadband without contract subscribers:ALL τους Prepaid / Mobile Broadband without contract subscribers have to replace their SIM card, free of charge.
Contract plan / Kartosyndesi subscribers: The majority of current SIM cards support 4G. (All SIM cards from 2004- support 4G. Older cards will have to be replaced, with a charge).
- Contract plans
4G is automatically activated on all contract plans with embedded DATA usage & and all Mobile Broadband contract plans.
If you have a 4G Smartphone but get no 4G signal, you might have to:
- Restart your mobile and choose LTE/4G on your device's settings
- Upgrade your firmware (Especially if you have an LG or Samsung device)
See the WIND 4G network coverage maps
- All maps appearing on this site are drawn from Terra Mapping the Globe ΕΠΕ.
- The information contained in the maps is indicative and does not guarantee the coverage or quality of WIND's network in certain areas. As it is with all mobile networks all over the world, coverage can be affected by outside factors such as environmental conditions, building construction quality, etc.
- THe new 4G Multi USIM TWIN cards are available (new product) and support 4G. All old TWIN cards must be replaced.
The new 4G MBB Multi USIM cards are also available (new product) and support 4G. Mobile Broadband without contract subscribers must also replace their SIM cards.
- Q Postpaid are in essence contract plan SIM cards and support 4G.
- The 2in2 SIM SIM cards DO NOT support, for the time being, 4G.