We minimize our environmental footprint
We systematically pursue the smallest possible impact from our activity on the environment, emphasizing on preventing pollution, reducing energy consumption, environmental compliance and raising awareness on the protection of environment. WIND’s activities have an impact on the environment in several ways. We control and manage the consequences we cause through the implementation of a certified environmental management system under ISO14001, with the aim of eliminating or minimizing the impact of our operation.
Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 Environmental Policy
The programs we implement in order to achieve the above goals are part of WIND's Environmental Management System, which has been certified since 2008 with EN ISO14001:2015 by TUV Hellas (Member of TUV Nord Group). Our policy sets the commitments and guidelines necessary for the continuous improvement of our efficiency.
At WIND we implement and develop an environmental management system for all of our activities, according to the requirements of the international ISO 14001 standard, to continuously improve our environmental performance.
In this context, at WIND Hellas, we provide the necessary resources and commit to:
- Recognize and monitor the interactions of our activities with the environment.
- Review and periodically re-assess all parameters, objectives and targets of the Environmental Management System.
- Prevent pollution by implementing management programs for the significant impacts of our activity.
- Comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Cultivate trust by providing all necessary information to interested parties or bodies.
- Inform, train and motivate our employees and partners, to ensure the achievement of our objectives.
We evolve our operations, products and services committed on the environmentally responsible sustainable development.
More information you may find in the Sustainability Report 2017 here.